With the rate of fire incidents on the rise, Nocal Digital Solutions Ltd, Sell and Install one of the best known Alarm and Sensor systems in homes and offices.
It’s important to have enough smoke alarms in your home. Fire research has demonstrated that with today’s modern furnishings, fires can spread much more rapidly than in the past when more natural materials were used. As a result, having a sufficient number of properly located smoke alarms is essential to maximizing the amount of available escape route & time.
Smoke alarms should be installed inside every apartmentinside a building. (Additional smoke alarms are required for larger homes.) Homes built to earlier standards often don’t meet these minimum requirements. Homeowners and enforcement authorities should recognize that detection needs have changed over the years and should take immdiate steps to ensure that every home has a sufficient complement of smoke alarms.
Guide Line On Installing of Fire Alarms
- Choose smoke alarms that have the label of a recognized testing laboratory.
- Install smoke alarms inside each bedroom, outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home, as well as the basement.
- On levels without bedrooms, install alarms in the living rooms and near the staircaseses.
- Smoke alarms installed in the basement should be installed on the ceiling at the bottom of the stairs leading to the next level.
- Smoke alarms should be installed at least 10 feet (3 meters) from a cooking appliance to minimize false alarms when cooking.
- Mount smoke alarms high on walls or ceilings (remember, smoke rises). Wall-mounted alarms should be installed not more than 12 inches away from the ceiling (to the top of the alarm).
- If you have ceilings that are pitched, install the alarm within 3 feet of the peak but not within the apex of the peak (four inches down from the peak).
- Don't install smoke alarms near windows, doors, or ducts where drafts might interfere with their operation.
- Never paint smoke alarms. Paint, stickers, or other decorations could keep the alarms from working.
- For the best protection, interconnect all smoke alarms. When one smoke alarm sounds they all sound. Interconnection can be done using hard-wiring or wireless technology.
- When interconnected smoke alarms are installed, it is important that all of the alarms are from the same manufacturer. If the alarms are not compatible, they may not sound.
Types of Smoke Alarm:
There are two types of smoke alarms – ionization and photoelectric. An ionization smoke alarm is generally more responsive to flaming fires, and a photoelectric smoke alarm is generally more responsive to smoldering fires. For the best protection, both types of alarms or combination ionization-photoelectric alarms, also known as dual sensor smoke alarms, are recommended.
Keep manufacturer’s instructions for reference.
How to Test Smoke Alarm System
1.Test smoke alarms at least once a month using the test button.
2. Make sure everyone in the home understands the sound of the smoke alarm and knows how to respond.
3. All manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning smoke alarms should be followed accordingly. The instructions are included in the package or can be found on the manufacturer's website.
4. When replacing a battery, follow manufacturer’s list of batteries on the back of the alarm or manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Smoke alarms with non-replaceable 10-year batteries are designed to remain effective for up to 10 years. If the alarm chirps, warning that the battery is low, replace the entire smoke alarm right away.
6. Smoke alarms with any other type of battery need a new battery at least once a year. If that alarm chirps, warning the battery is low, replace the battery immediately.
Nocal Digital Solutions offer Business Solution to both co-operate offices, Government-Organization, Private-Organization individual-organization, Schools, Churches, Hotels and Hospitals etc.Our experience has thought us the importance of establishing a practical functional quality system, which cover all stages from tendering of quotation through actual execution of contract to final delivery commissioning. We respond to our clients' needs professionally, and efficiently. Service and parts support are available 24 hours, 7 days a week.